Zach Hunt was an unsung hero on the Indy football squad this past season. He did more blocking than pass receiving, opening running lanes for Indy running backs. He has good ability as a receiver; however, the Patriot offense focused more on getting the ball to their wide receivers and using screen plays to their quick running backs. More often than not you would find Zach making a key block to help the team gain much needed yardage.
As a senior he was one of the quiet leaders who set a good example for his other teammates. He understood his role and was a team player throughout a tough campaign this fall.
He juggled his academic schedule with football and plans to graduate in January 2017.
He is taking four courses to increase his GPA, giving him a great opportunity at entering the college of his choice. He has learned the relevant skills of organization and time management to improve his goal of higher academic achievement.
His normal daily workout routine includes sprints, lifting in the weight room, stretching exercises, and constantly catching a ball with his hands. He understands the importance of having soft hands as an offensive player.
What motivates Zach is to get himself into a good college where he has the opportunity to have a solid career. If possible he would like to attend a Division III program where he can continue to become a better student athlete.
Zach’s goal is to attend Greensboro College, make a decision on his major, and to play football at the next level as a tight end or wide receiver. He has had some really positive discussions with the receivers coach at the college.
Up Close and Personal with Zach:
• Who has influenced Zach are is Dad, Mom and Coach Hall Brown. Both his Dad and Coach Brown push him to do his best and become the best he can be as an individual. His mom is his “goalkeeper” since she always has encouraged and guided him.
• Favorite college football team is Virginia Tech
• Favorite professional team is the Denver Broncos
• Sport other than football is basketball
• Favorite music is Rap, Netflix show is Last Chance University
• Pregame ritual is to listen to music and focus on the task ahead
• Favorite academic subjects are History and English
• Advice to younger classmates is to ensure school is a first priority and keep your grades up because it really does matter.
• The two key leaders on the team are Jacob Benefield “Big Red” who is most vocal and gets everybody ready to compete. Then there is Tylon Clawson on defense who wants to make every tackle.