Terron Dixon, also known as TD to his teammates, has been on the Stallions varsity basketball team for the past four years. He averaged 18 points per game last season and was an all-conference selection. He is quick and can shoot from the key and drive strongly to the hoop for a layup. He can play defense and maintain a consistent and fast tempo on the court for Coach Forsythe and the Stallions.
When it comes to handling his academics and playing basketball, he is focused on getting all his homework and class assignments completed prior to practice. Any remaining school work or preparation required he will complete after practice in the evening. Since he receives an early release, he is able to manage his time very efficiently. He will also use his tablet to keep himself organized so he can plan accordingly.
His workout routine consists of team practices weekly, which includes a lot of conditioning and shooting, passing, and dribbling skills. He also works out three times a week, which includes weekends with Dijuan Harris, a former Charlotte 49er who is an assistant coach at Charlotte Country Day.
What motivates Terron is to work hard to become the best player he can ultimately achieve based on his talent. He is focused on using every opportunity to get himself to the next level, which is collegiate basketball at a solid Division II or III program. Who inspires Terron is Damian Lillard who is also 6’3” and plays a similar style for the Portland Trailer Blazers.
After graduation his plans are to study pre-medicine and eventually become an anesthesiologist. He also wants to fulfill his dream of playing college basketball and has received interest from Roanoke College, and Pfeiffer University to date.
Up Close and Personal with Terron:
• Most influential persons in his life are his mom and dad. Mom does everything for me, she makes everything happen; my mom is unbelievable, said TD. While dad pushes me to go hard and compete, my stepdad echoes the same sentiments.
• Favorite college team is the Kentucky Wildcats basketball.
• The best professional team in sports are the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James.
• Next best sport is Florida State Seminole football.
• Favorite movie is He Got Game.
• Favorite music is Hip-Hop.
• Best subjects are Science and English.
• Advice for underclassmen is to take full advantage of your first two years academically. Then work on your game and don’t stress. Let it come to you through maturity.