Noah Richter is the left handed pitching ace in the starting rotation for the Queens Grant High School Stallions. When he is not pitching, you can find him in the outfield, normally in center field. He has been a member of the varsity baseball team for all four years. Noah throws a solid 4 seam fastball, a change up, cutter, and curveball with good control. Noah is not overpowering; however, he consistently will get outs. He is the type of pitcher who will give a team a lot of innings and be a bulldog on the mound.
When it comes to academics and baseball, Noah must keep up with his work during the season. It’s important to have good grades, and he will plan ahead to ensure all his assignments are complete. “Coach Kerr is real big on being a responsible student athlete,” said Noah, “so how I manage my time is very important.”Noah will use technology, his iPhone, and laptop computer to conduct research through Google to assist with various school projects.
He has a regular workout routine, which consists of different drills to enhance his pitching mechanics, towel drill, stretching, building leg strength, agility, speed, and overall conditioning. He has worked during the offseason with coaches Jake Robbins, former Charlotte Knight and Cleveland Indians relief pitcher, and John Ennis, former major leaguer with the Atlanta Braves, Detroit Tigers and Philadelphia Phillies. He also plans on playing Senior American Legion Baseball this summer to get himself better prepared for junior college.
After graduation, Noah plans to attend Brunswick Community College to play junior college baseball for two years, and then transfer to a four year institution. He will major in sports medicine and eventually enter the career field of physical therapy.
Up Close and Personal with Noah:
- Most influential person in his life has been his father. “My dad has always been very supportive. He introduced me to baseball and we have practiced many hours together since T-ball,” said Noah.
- Favorite college team is Clemson University.
- He is a huge New York Yankees fan.
- Other than baseball he enjoys football and the Carolina Panthers.
- His two favorite movies are Major League and Cinderella Man.
- Noah likes to listen to country music and artist Brantley Gilbert.
- Advice to underclassman is to concentrate on your studies, don’t just settle for being average, work hard, make good informed decisions, and be smart about your future.