What Insurance Issues Should I Consider When Hosting a Party?

Brad Corriher of Brad Corriher State Farm
Share this:

Q: What insurance issues should I consider when hosting a party?

A: Whether you’re having a small family BBQ or you’re hosting a crowd for the big game, it’s important to look at your homeowners or renters insurance policy and make sure you’re covered if the unexpected happens.

If you are hosting a party at home, your homeowners and renters insurance policy may cover things like:

  • Property in your home that could be damaged by fire or smoke
  • Property in your home that could be broken due to vandalism
  • Property in your home that could be stolen
  • Home windows that could be broken

You never know when something could go wrong at a party. That’s why it’s important to have enough liability coverage for:

  • Accidents or injuries resulting from alcohol you’re serving
  • Guests getting sick from the food you’re serving
  • Damage to equipment any vendors, like photographers, bands or caterers, might bring
  • Dog bites
  • A slip, trip or fall on your property

Remember, the more people you have in your home, the more potential liability.

You might consider creating a home inventory before the party starts. If anything happens to something you own, you’ll have a record available for your insurance company.

Have further questions? I’d love to answer them! Feel free to call or text my office at (704) 526-0887 or visit us in person at 9539 Idlewild Road or online at MyMintHillAgent.com.

Share this:

Previous articleObituary For Ernest Jamison
Next articleAthletes Of The Week
Brad Corriher
Brad Corriher is a Mint Hill-based State Farm agent specializing in life, home, auto, commercial, and renters insurance. He loves helping his customers bring their goals to life, while also keeping them well-covered for all of life's twists and turns. He lives in Mint Hill with his wife, Lauren. Say hello to him at his office, located at 9539 Idlewild Road, or check him out online at MyMintHillAgent.com. You can also call or text his office at 704-526-0887.