MINT HILL, NC – It’s mid-December, and you’ve still got shopping to do. No need to battle traffic and crowds at the big box stores – there are plenty of gift-worthy options available right here in Mint Hill. Here are ten ideas for doing your last-minute shopping locally, and many of them will set you back less than $20!
Did you know Mint Hill Arts has a gift shop? Stop by during gallery hours (12:00 pm – 3:00 pm Wednesday – Friday) for original art of all mediums, and handmade jewelry including pour-paint necklaces and earrings, journals and cards.
- Soothe the Soles is more than a foot soak and reflexology experience. Purchase one of their hand-blended men’s women’s, children’s or pet products. Particularly popular are Harrison’s Vitality Ginger women’s facial products, and Vitality Ginger lip balms, lotion bars, salt blends and hand-blended teas make for great stocking stuffers!
No need to brave Independence to shop for your four-legged friends. Pop in to Woof ‘n Hoof and grab one of their unique pet treats or toys for your furry friend.
- Shop for the coffee lover in your life while you sip on a peppermint mocha from Mint Hill Coffee & Social House. Coffee-gift baskets or their unique whiskey-infused coffee beans make great gifts. Don’t forget to look around – much of the local art on the walls is also for sale.
- It’s easy to hit up Amazon for something like board games, but you can likely find what you need at a comparable price at Your Local Game Store, which has games of all kinds – family games, children’s games, party games, solo player games and two-player games, card games, board games, tabletop role-playing games, miniature war games, escape room games and so much more.
- Christmas-themed decor from Monroe HardwareMonroe Hardware is more than nuts and bolts. In addition to workware and power tools, they offer soaps that come with hand-crocheted washcloths, dish towels, oven mitts, ornaments, table decor, travel mugs, t-shirts, and other clothing like baseball caps and socks.
- With 50 unique boutiques under one roof, Homestyles Gallery is the quintessential local stop for last-minute shopping. Inside, you’ll find everything from high fashion to home furnishings.
- Carolina Hemp Company offers a full range of CBD and hemp products. In addition to subliminal oils, they also offer a variety of small gifts for under $20 like bath bombs, mugs, teas, gummies, chocolates and hot sauce.
Sunflower Club is more than coffee and waffles! Custom tee shirts, handmade earrings and other jewelry, hand poured candles, essential oil jewelry, crocheted items, tree ornaments, coffee and mugs, original local art, hand sewn gifts – you can find it all at Sunflower Club. With the exception of original paintings, most everything in the cafe is under $20.
- Can’t decide what to buy? Consider a gift card to one of Mint Hill’s many locally-owned and operated restaurants. Give that special person on you list a night off from kitchen duty with a gift card to Vintner’s Hill or Wayback Burgers, or give them a treat with a gift card to Mama K’s Kettle Corn or Mint Hill Coffee & Social House. Small gift cards make for great stocking stuffers and teacher gifts, too!