MINT HILL, NC – When attending a potentially crowded event like Mint Hill Madness, there are certain measures everyone should take to ensure the safety of themselves, their belongings, and others around them. Here, the Mint Hill Police Department offers advice for those traveling to and from and attending the event to make sure everyone has a safe and fun time!
- While attending the festival, please make sure you keep up with all your valuables (phone, keys, etc). Don’t lay them down and expect them to be there when you return. Lock your vehicle and hide all valuables after you park.
- When traveling to and from the parking areas, please pay attention to pedestrian traffic.
- Pedestrians crossing over NC-218 are asked to utilize the marked crosswalks at the park’s main entrance. Officers will be stationed at the main entrance focusing on safe crossings.
- Motorists who are not attending the event are encouraged to avoid the area if possible. Those attending the event are requested to have patience as officers will be working diligently to move traffic safely.
- There will be no U-turns allowed at the entrance to the park for cars coming off Bartlett Road and then attempting to travel back towards I-485.
- If you have small children with you, it may be a good idea to pin your name and phone number to their clothing somewhere in case they get separated from you. Also, make sure to have a pre-planned meeting spot if you become separated from your family. MHPD will have many officers on site that can assist should an emergency occur.
- If you are picking up a teen after the event, please make sure to do so no later than 10:15PM.
- THERE ARE NO DOGS ALLOWED AT THE EVENT (EXCEPT SERVICE ANIMALS) .
- Remember, no alcohol is to be brought into the event.