MINT HILL, NC – Dental implants are becoming the more popular choice to replace missing teeth. There are many benefits to having an implant over other prosthetics such as a bridge or traditional denture. Keep reading to find out more about the process of getting a dental implant.
- Dental Radiographs: Obtaining updated radiographs to properly evaluate the bone and surrounding structure is necessary. This will help determine if you have enough bone to predictably place a dental implant or if the area needs to be prepped for an implant.
- Implant placement procedure: To ensure the comfort level of the patient, local anesthetic is typically used. After the space for the implant is shaped and prepared, the implant is placed.
- Bone Integration: Depending on your biology, the bone can take 3-6 months to heal around the implant.
- Crown is Fabricated: Once the bone heals around the implant, now it is ready for the crown to be placed! A quick impression is taken and then sent to a lab.
- Find a Delicious Meal to Enjoy: Now that you have your implant and the crown, you can now enjoy an amazing meal that you can chew efficiently and taste!
Dental implants can be a great solution if you are missing one tooth or all teeth. If you are thinking about getting implants, call our office at (704) 486-4189 or visit our website at www.dawsonmoderndentistry.com to schedule an appointment. Our team is dedicated to the highest quality of care and an enjoyable dental experience. We also have fantastic financing options for our patients to get the smile they deserve. Not sure if you can smoke after getting a tooth extracted? Make sure to check out next week’s article to discuss this topic.