MINT HILL, NC – Technology has made a significant impact on our everyday life and has found its place in dentistry. You may have heard of a digital workflow or an all-digital dental practice, but what does that mean, and how does it impact your dental visits?
Digital dentistry involves the use of computer-assisted technology to aid in diagnosing and performing dental treatments. Digital tools that dentists use include digital x-rays, digital scanners, electronic records and scheduling, intraoral photographs, and much more.
4 Benefits of Digital Dentistry:
- More comfortable patient experience
- No more gooey material to capture an accurate impression
- Track changes in gums and teeth over time
- A digital record of your teeth will help identify preventative treatment to avoid unwanted changes, such as gum recession and tooth wear from grinding
- Improved patient education
- Reviewing digital impressions and photos of the mouth help patients understand the condition of their teeth and gums
- Accurate treatment planning
- From digital smile design to 3D imaging of your jaw, we now have better tools that allow us to make a more accurate diagnosis, leading to better treatment outcomes
At Dawson Modern Dentistry, digital dentistry has allowed us to have a significant impact on our patients’ health. If you are ready to see what digital dentistry can do for you, please give us a call at (704) 565-9512 or visit us online at www.DawsonModernDentistry.com to schedule an appointment online. Don’t miss next week’s episode as we discuss dry mouth and the best way to manage it.