MINT HILL, NC – Getting your pearly whites straight is not just for looks; it can improve your health in many ways. These five effects are just a sample of the improvements you may see in your health by better teeth alignment:
- Reduced Jaw Pain
- A properly aligned bite can alleviate pressure and damage to the jaw joint and help reduce clicking, popping, pain and headaches.
- Easier to Brush and Floss
- Teeth crowding makes it difficult for your toothbrush and floss to reach certain parts of your mouth where bacteria may hide. This can lead to stained teeth, decay, gingivitis, and gum disease.
- Reduce the Chance of Cracked Tooth
- Misaligned teeth are at risk of fracture. A cracked tooth can expose the nerve to bacteria which can cause pain and may lead to a root canal.
- Improved Sleep
- Improved alignment may allow more air to flow, preventing sleep apnea and increasing oxygen circulation. Sleep apnea can even cause systemic inflammation and even learning disabilities, especially in children.
- Boost Your Self-Esteem
- Regardless of your teeth, you are beautiful when you are smiling! When you are more confident in your smile you can feel more confident in yourself.
Want to see if you are a candidate for clear aligners to address misaligned teeth? We offer the latest alignment technology that provides for a pain-free and quality experience. Give our office a call at (704) 565-9512 or go online at www.DawsonModernDentistry.com to schedule a free consultation.