5. Yogurt – Choose plain yogurt without any added sugars or sweeteners. Yogurt is not only high in calcium and protein but also has active live bacteria which can act as a probiotic for your dog to aid the digestive tract
6. Pumpkin – Pumpkin is a good source of fiber and Vitamin A. It can help keep the digestive tract moving and aid in digestive issues
7. Eggs – scramble an egg for your dog as an added protein boost (avoid adding butter and salt). Eggs are a good source of riboflavin and selenium.
8. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is another great source of fiber to help aid the digestive tract. Choose plain oatmeal and avoid those that have added sugars and flavorings (no instant oatmeal please).
9. Cheese – Cheese is a very popular treat for dogs and should be used in moderation. Sliced cheeses and cottage cheese, preferably low or reduced fat varieties can be fed to your dog.
10. Brown rice – Brown rice is very filling and a good option to give to dogs with upset stomach.
11. Chicken – cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (avoid the darker, greasy meat) is a great source of protein and easily digestible. For dogs with upset stomachs, chicken mixed with rice is a good, bland meal to help ease the digestive tract.