This casserole will soon become a family favorite. Make the night before and serve up on a chili day when the family wants something gooey with a little kick.
• 8 chicken breasted, baked and deboned
• 12 tortillas, torn in bite-size pieces
• 1 can cream of chicken soup
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can hot enchilada sauce
• 1 ½ cans evaporated milk
• 1 large onion, chopped and lightly sautéed
• 1 green pepper, chopped and lightly sautéed
• 1 lb Wisconsin Cheddar, shredded
• 1 lb Monterey Jack, shredded
• 2 cans sliced chilies
Mix soups, enchilada sauce, evaporated milk, onions and pepper to make the sauce. Place ½ of tortillas in well-greased 4 qt casserole dish. Top with ½ of chicken, ½ sauce, ½ of each cheese, 1 can sliced chilies. Repeat. Refrigerate overnight.
Bake covered 40 minutes, and uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes until golden/bubbly.