According to the CDC 1 out of 4 people die of heart disease, 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of 3 women will be diagnosed with Cancer, 86 million Americans have Diabetes and 3 out of 4 Americans are overweight or obese. It sounds to me that our current state of healthcare is really Sick-care. This is in part unfortunately due to monetary profit and greed from pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies. If you are not sick then your insurance company will not be able to charge you high premiums and the pharmaceutical companies will not be able to sell you their drugs. Despite these sad facts, the other reason that people get sick is because of their own ignorance or mis-information.
You have all heard it before; in order to stay healthy you must eat a healthy diet and exercise, yet many Americans eat an unhealthy diet and never exercise. In today’s article I am going to share with you the top 7 strategies that will guarantee that you end up a statistic:
- Eat Sugar – Sugar, high fructose corn syrup, maltose, dextrose, sucrose, etc. are all inflammatory to the body and feed cancer cells, inflame and damage arteries, weaken your immune system, stress your pancreas and cause weight gain (just to name a few things that sugar does).
- Consume Trans-Fats – Canola oil, vegetable oil, margarine, corn oil, etc are all toxic and damaging to the body. Every one of your cells require quality fats as building blocks for proper growth. Eating trans fats is a fast way to damage your body at the cellular level leading to all disease.
- Get As Little Sleep As Possible – Your body goes into a rapid state of healing and repair when you get good quality sleep (especially deep REM sleep). If you want to get sick and stay sick, then go to bed late and get up often and early.
- Avoid Exercise – Every study proves that even a 20 minute walk per day can improve your health and heart function. If you want to stay on medications and pay outrageous insurance premiums then avoid any and all exercise, unless it includes running to the cooler for the last beer.
- Consume Alcohol – Alcohol, and yes even that 1 glass of wine per day, is damaging to the liver. Your liver is responsible for many activities to keep you healthy, energetic, and vibrant including providing cholesterol to make hormones.
- Make Everyday Stressful – Stress creates hormone imbalances like excess Cortisol, Thyroid and Insulin problems. It’s bad enough that as we age we start to have declines in Estrogen and Testosterone production, but do we really need to add to the hormone imbalances by creating stress in our lives.
- Don’t Go To Church – Having a relationship with Jesus and having a great church family like at New Life Church here in Locust, is scientifically proven to add 1.5 – 3 years to your life.
So as you can see, there are several things that you can continue to do if having a miserable, fat, and sick life is what you are trying to achieve. For those of you who are looking to improve your health:
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. Dr. Ess will not waste your time or money. He will let you know if he can help you, and if he can’t, who in the community can.Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website atwww.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.