CHARLOTTE – Christmas is almost here. Great food, family and friends, wide-eyed children, and “Joy to the World” are all the reasons you need to consider bringing Christmas cheer to the outside as well as the inside of your home. Save time this Christmas season with these landscaping tips:
- Get an early start. Do you procrastinate or get a head start on your landscape and outdoor decorating? Well, look at it this way. Come a few weeks from now, you’re probably going to be shopping, cooking, traveling, and entertaining. You are going to be busy. Decorate early to reduce your seasonal stress.
- Carefully plan your decorating. Have a clear, written out game plan for how you want to decorate this year. A plan focuses your efforts, making the job easier and faster.
- Christmas lights are Job #1. Lights are gorgeous, but they can be a real handful. Start by getting accurate measurements of all spaces you want to light up. You will buy just enough light strands and save money. Use light hanging clips. They are much easier, way less stressful, and safer than staples and nails.
- Consider net lights. Net lights are exactly like they sound—nets of lights you can drape over a bush or hang on a wall. They’re incredibly easy to hang and easy to pack up.
- Switch bulbs in outdoor lighting. Do you have outdoor or landscape lighting? Switch out the bulbs to holiday colors. It’s a quick and easy way to put some holiday cheer in your landscape.
Looking for the perfect Christmas gift for your gardening loved ones? Metrolina Mulch Premium Landscape Products recommends our Landscape Product Gift Certificates. For more information call us at (704) 888-1822.