CHARLOTTE, NC – April 16, 2021 ― Novant Health today announced an additional location for COVID-19 vaccination appointments in the greater Charlotte market. Opening Monday, April 19, Novant Health Medical Group – Huntersville is located at 17220 Northcross Drive, Suite 110 in Huntersville. This location has the ability to accommodate up to 500 appointments a day, as vaccine supply allows. The new clinic in north Charlotte will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. At this time, vaccinations are by appointment only, and this location will not be able to accommodate walk-ins.The new location will join Novant Health’s two Charlotte vaccination sites: Novant Health Medical Group – East Meck, which is located at 6070 E. Independence Blvd. and is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Novant Health Medical Group – Freedom Drive, which is located at 3149 Freedom Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208 and is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.“We are thrilled to increase our Charlotte vaccination efforts to include this new location, which has the space needed to help our teams efficiently and safely vaccinate more people,” said John Howard, senior vice president at Novant Health, and chief operating officer, Novant Health Physician Network. “This new clinic will help meet the need for our community as all people over 16 years of age are now eligible to be vaccinated.”Below is the key information eligible appointment holders need to know:
- All vaccinations are by appointment only. To avoid delays, we ask that patients arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment.
- The vaccine is given in the upper arm. We ask patients wear clothing that allows the vaccinator to easily access the upper arm.
- A mask that covers the nose and mouth is required at all times. We will provide a mask for those who don’t have one.
- Expect to remain at the site for 15 to 30 minutes after receiving the vaccine for observation.
- D0 not come to an appointment if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, are under quarantine or have a COVID-19 test result pending.
- One support person is allowed, but that person should be healthy, with no cough, fever or flu-like symptoms. The support person will also need to wear a mask while in the center.
As a reminder, the best way for community members to schedule an appointment is through MyChart. You do not have to be a patient to sign up for a MyChart account at MyNovant.org. For more information on scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, visit GetVaccinated.org.