WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Aug. 30, 2022 ― Novant Health has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers By State for 2022, ranking No. 20 in North Carolina. Forbes partnered with market research company, Statista, to create the list, which is divided into 51 rankings — one for each of the 50 states, plus the District of Columbia — and was compiled by anonymously surveying 70,000 Americans employed at companies with at least 500 employees.
“Novant Health is proud to be recognized as one of Forbes’ Best Employers in North Carolina,” said Carmen Canales, senior vice president, chief people and belonging officer at Novant Health. “We are dedicated to creating a culture of belonging that makes our team members proud to work at Novant Health. With this dedication comes a commitment to putting our team members first, so that they, in turn, can relentlessly pursue remarkable care for our patients and communities.”
For the ranking methodology, survey respondents were asked to rate their employers on a variety of criteria, including safety of work environment, competitiveness of compensation, opportunities for advancement and openness to telecommuting. Statista then asked respondents how likely they’d be to recommend their employer to others and to nominate organizations in industries outside their own.
Novant Health has been proactive in supporting team members in the workplace and at home. The health system has designed and implemented a variety of programs to improve team member satisfaction and opportunities for professional growth, including:
- Offering competitive compensation and benefits validated by market analysis. Since January 2021, Novant Health has invested more than $400 million in team member compensation and benefits enhancements.
- Prioritizing the well-being of team members by offering several resources to support them, including an Employee Assistance Program, eHAT (Emotional Health Advocate peer support), spiritual care, and Thriving Together, a program that provides tools and resources to enhance team members’ emotional wellness, human connection, financial resources, physical health and leadership capacities.
- Offering flexible and innovative work arrangements, including hybrid work options for eligible job roles, that support productivity, engagement, satisfaction and overall quality of life.
- Investing in next-level leadership and professional development opportunities, including scholarships and funds to further build the workforce pipeline.
- Providing opportunities for team members to build connections with others across the organization around an aspect of common identity through award-winning business resource groups.
- Hosting regular virtual town halls open to all team members that allow them to ask live questions and hear directly from the president and CEO alongside other leaders.