Superfood recipe of the month…Coconut Hemp Seed Granola
Granola is such a great staple for protein natural fats and nutrition overall. It can be eaten for breakfast as a snack, a salad topper and even a yummy desert and this recipe is no exception, its perfectly crunchy and slightly sweet. Just 9 ingredients, 20 min prep time and you’re on your way. Makes 14 1/4 servings.
- 2 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds or hearts
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine oats, hemp seeds, coconut, cinnamon, almonds and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour over oats and toss to coat.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper or a Silpat).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Health benefits of ingredients:
- Oats: Antioxidants, Fiber
- Hemp Hearts and Seeds: Protein, Fatty Acids
- Coconut: Vitamin B6, Iron, Magnesium
- Cinnamon: Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant
- Almonds: Lower LDL Cholesterol and Vitamin E and potassium
*Reference this article for a Buy 1 get one half off Hemp Seeds or Hearts at Get Me Some Green Matthews-Mint Hill