‘Tis that time of year to touch the ones we love with amazing treats and these desserts are hard to resist.
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake CBD Bites
Time needed: 20 minutes
Yield: 14 bites (Approximately 2mg of CBD per bite based on 250mg concentration)
½ cup almond flour (coconut or baking is fine too)
4 tbsp cacao powder
½ tsp raw monk fruit
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder or 1 egg or flaxseed egg
(flaxseed egg is 1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water and chilled for 15 minutes)
1 tbsp coconut oil, ghee or butter
5 drops of vanilla cream stevia, vanilla extract, agave or honey (CBD honey also an option)
Cream Cheese Filling
½ cup almond butter
1 cup cream cheese
¼ teaspoon stevia, agave or honey
Pinch of vanilla bean powder
½ tsp of CBD oil (strength will depend on the concentration of CBD oil used)
Make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, raw monk fruit, baking powder, and salt. Add the flax egg and coconut oil (or substitute) then mix well.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, scoop into portions and mold balls to be 1-2 inches in size. They don’t have to be perfectly shaped since they will be crumbled.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crispy. Let cool to room temperature. The cookies will be softer at first but will start to crisp up as they cool down. Once completely cooled and crispy, place the cookies in a bowl and crumble to make coarse crumbs.
Make the cream cheese filling and add the finishing touches:
- Add the almond flour (or substitute), cream cheese, stevia (or substitute), vanilla bean powder and CBD oil to a large mixing bowl and mix very well, using a hand mixer to get the filling nice and fluffy. Fold in half of the cookie crumbs.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the cream cheese filling into balls 1-2 inches in diameter. One at a time empty the scoop right on top of the remaining cookie crumbs to cover all the cream cheese. Repeat with the remaining filling and crumbs.
- Chill the cheesecake bites in the refrigerator.
*Recipe adapted from Prevention Magazine