Branding is crucial for small businesses to be able to stand out and capture potential clients. The primary elements of a brand are your company’s name and logo. Communicating who and what a business is, in as little time as possible, is vital when the average person has such a short attention span. Logos are instantly recognizable, and can provide the base upon which a brand can be built. When thinking about your logo design be very conscious of the role that colors play. Here’s a quick overview of the types of feelings and emotions that can be triggered by the presence of popular colors.
• Red: Passionate, Aggressive, Important – An emotionally intense color
• Blue: Serene, Trustworthy, Inviting – It’s calming, peaceful, and tranquil
• Green: Natural, Stable, Prosperous – It represents nature and is refreshing
• Yellow: Happy, Friendly, Warning – It catches attention
• Brown: Earthy, Sturdy, Rustic – It can represent genuineness which can be good for business, but it can also come off as mundane, sad and wistful
• Black: Powerful, Sophisticated, Edgy – It represents authority, power, and dominance
Check back next week for more tips on creating a successful branding strategy.
Debbie Cole is a professional Graphic Designer with over 20 years of experience in advertising and marketing. Call 704-763-4087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.