Tarheel Automotive offering a family friendly alternatve in Mint Hill

Share this:

Tarheel Automotive is a local pre-owned dealership located in downtown Mint Hill on Route 51 Matthews-Mint Hill Road only a short distance from the 218 traffic light.  The folks are family friendly and are willing to make fair and reasonable transactions at wholesale if you are in the market to purchase a used vehicle.

Vehicles displayed in the Mint Hill lot.

The company was originally founded almost 40 years ago by Larry M. Baucom who began selling cars wholesale in 1977.  The first lot was established in Locust, North Carolina under the name Tarheel Auto Sales of Locust, Inc.  Today Tarheel Auto has grown into a well known and recognized family owned business offering quality pre-owned vehicles.  In 1988 Larry’s son James joined the family business, and he along with his dad would hand pick each vehicle purchased and transported into their car lot for sale from high quality auto auctions.  Daughter Amy Baucom-Bates joined full-time in 2009 and works in Locust managing the finance department.

In November 2014 Tarheel Automotive opened a second location in Mint Hill.  The lot is staffed by two sales associates Sean Brown and Bob Murray who are always available to assist consumers who are car shopping or looking for a particular vehicle.

Beautiful GMC Canyon for sale.

“All inventory is personally selected and must meet very high standards along with all the requirements of mechanical inspections.  We also specialize in late model vehicles, with low mileage, said Sean Brown the local manager at the Mint Hill lot location.”  The consumer will be able to find cars, trucks, and SUV’s on the lot with normally 30 vehicles available for selection.

The organization actually conducts about 60% of their business through the internet while the other 40% is with local clientele.  It has an excellent reputation along with many satisfied customers who have purchased multiple vehicles over the years.

More vehicles on display.

What differentiates Tarheel Auto from it’s competitors and the large auto dealers in the area is how community focused the company has been in Locust and in Mint Hill.  The ownership remains active within both communities and are family oriented.  Some of the key differentiators are the following:

  • Company has low overhead, by controlling costs can offer wholesale pricing.
  • Hand selected vehicles in their lots that meet very stringent standards.
  • Offer service contracts and warranties for their customers.
  • Financing is available through multiple sources which includes banks and the State Employee Credit Union where Tarheel Auto has a good working relationship.
  • They are a preferred dealer with the USAA an organization focused on veterans.
  • Will provide a CARFAX on every vehicle and TRUECAR is available.
  • Offer family friendly service without high pressure sales tactics.

Tarheel Automotive is now offering a summer special that includes a 90 day powertrain warranty on all qualifying vehicles sold through the end of August.

This company provides an inviting environment that is family oriented and owned.  Customer satisfaction is paramount to their success along with gaining the trust and confidence of their clientele as repeat business is the cornerstone for continued growth. Therefore, if you are in the market for a pre-owned vehicle you might want to stop by their lot located at 7808 Matthews Mint Hill Road, Mint Hill, NC 28227 or go on-line to www.tarheelauto.com for more information.

Share this: