Learn how advertising in the Mint Hill Times can help your business grow. Call us today! 704-572-9159|

Rocky River High School robbery

 On November 16 at approximately 2:59pm SRO White was notified by an assistant principal that a Robbery had taken place inside of Rocky River High School.  The victim, 15 year old juvenile, was approached by three individuals at approximately 1414hrs while walking down the hallway from class.  The victim was surrounded by the three individuals and then a handgun was shown to the victim.  The three subjects then demanded the victim give up his money.  The victim complied and gave his wallet to the subjects, who then walked away and could be seen by the victim dividing up the money that was taken.  The victim’s account of the incident is corroborated by the schools surveillance system. […]

By |November 17th, 2015|Around Town, Arts, Featured Posts, Good deeds, History, Rocky River High School|4 Comments

News Notes

Can Food Drive

Independence High School is collecting can food for the 2015 Student Hunger Drive. The town of Mint Hill is invited to help end hunger within Charlotte by donating can food items. There will be a drop off bin located at the Town Hall. Cans may be dropped off until November 9.

Book Fair

There will be a Book Fair at Philadelphia Presbyterian Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten the week of November 16-20.  The Scholastic Book Fair will be open Monday – Friday from 8:30-9 am and 1-1:30 pm.  The congregation and visitors are welcome to shop Sunday, November 22 from 8:30-10:30 am and 11:30 am to 12 noon.  Philadelphia Presbyterian Church is located at 11501 Bain School Road in Mint Hill. For more information, call the preschool office at 704-545-3439 X122. […]

By |November 16th, 2015|Around Town, Arts, Featured Posts, Good deeds, History|3 Comments

New commissioner joins incumbents on council

By Leah Schmalz

Citizens reelected three of the four returning candidates for Mint Hill town council in Tuesday’s election. The fourth commissioner is incumbent Dale Dalton, who beat Lloyd Austin in his bid for reelection. Austin trailed Dalton by just 177 votes.

Returning board of education members Ericka Ellis-Stewart and Mary McCray were reelected with 18.35% and 13.77% of votes, respectively. First-time school board member Elyse Dashew was elected to the third spot with 14.88% of votes.

Ted Biggers was reelected as mayor with 96.8% of the votes. The remaining 3.2% went to a write-in candidate. […]

By |November 5th, 2015|Around Town, Arts, Breakiing News, Featured Posts, Good deeds, Government, History, Politics|1 Comment

Independence vs. Rocky River

By Andrew Stark

Who: Independence ( 6-3, 4-0) at Rocky River (3-6, 2-2)

When: 7 pm

Last Meeting: Independence won, 47-19, on October 31, 2014

Key Players: Independence: quarterback Christian McPhail, running back Quantavious McGill, cornerback/receivers Elijah Small and Cedric Stone, linebackers Tylon Clawson, Jerome Cochran and Rob Casanova, defensive ends Christian Colon and Kima Bell; Rocky River: quarterback Tyshawn Carter, quarterback/tight end Phillip Clay, running backs Elijah Henry, Justice Styron and Nygle Farmer, receiver/defensive back Kendall Lewis, receiver Johari Alexander, lineman Bryson Adams, defensive back Tyrell Robinson, linebacker Larry Blanton.

The Keys: A big-time rivalry game with a lot at stake is always cause for some great drama, and this week there should be no shortage of big plays and momentum-changing swings. The Patriots have obviously ironed out earlier kinks and continue to lead the Southwestern 4A after a solid win over Myers Park, an early season surprise team who looked like they’d challenge for a league crown.   […]