Mayor Ted Biggers announced last week that Carol Hull has been appointed to be on the library task force to represent the three southern towns (actually more eastern, but who’s counting?). Pineville, Matthews and Mint Hill, by consensus from the mayors and managers, could appoint one person to represent its combined interests. The following is how the library will fill the seats on the task force:
The Task Force shall have no fewer than 12 nor more than 16 members, in addition to its Chair. The members of the Task Force shall be appointed as follows:
• The County Manager may appoint one (1) member.
• The Director of Libraries may appoint one (1) member.
• The City Manager may appoint one (1) member.
• The mayors and managers of the three north-county municipalities (Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville) in the County may, by consensus, appoint one (1) member. The mayors and managers of the three south-county municipalities (Matthews, Mint Hill, and Pineville) in the County may, by consensus, appoint one (1) member.
• All of the other members shall be appointed by the Chair of the Task Force, in consultation with Jennifer Roberts, Chair of County Commission, Robin Branstrom, Library Board Chair and Michael Marsicano, CEO, Foundation For The Carolinas.