• Independence High School Principal Mark Bosco talks about what parents can expect next year when most of Mint Hill will be in the Independence school zone.
• It’s a family affair at Bain and Butler! Staff writer Lacey Hampton writes about three generations of teachers and students at Bain; she also reports on three sets of sisters on the Butler cheerleading squad.
• Tim Long writes about the Larsens on Highway 218 who have grown 25 varieties of heirloom tomatoes. It’s an organic operation and get this: tomatoes are only $1 a pound and their stand is on honor system!
• High school football is back. Read about Independence’s amazing 42-41 win over Mallard Creek and Butler’s victory over state-powerhouse Mt. Tabor. It’s another great year for prep football in this area!
• Also, don’t miss photos of Art in the Park and fire department training!
Where can you get a copy of the Times? Pick one up for .50 cents at any of these locations, or give us a call and subscribe to have the paper delivered to your house each Thursday. Call us today: 704-573-4606